OT: Ice skating on a slope?

Anyone ever tried ice skating on a slope?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Up or down ?

Reply to
whisky-dave

When I was a lad, there was one winter when we had about an inch of freezing rain. So of course, we did some cross-country skating.

One would reasonably imagine that this would be quite dangerous. In practice, it's even more dangerous than one might reasonably imagine.

The worst hazard was small clumps of vegetation poking through because ice thickness was inconsistent surrounding such objects based on the prevailing wind direction at the time the ice layer was deposited.

I was never a very good skater, so I left the downhill skating on the steeper sections to my older brother and his friends.

Reply to
Mike_Duffy

The time to really start worrying is when you can water ski on a sloping lake. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

You disappoint me, I was waiting for a detailed description or some gory photos of the accidents which took place.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Yeah, It must burn your craw when sometime tries to be polite with you.

Reply to
Mike_Duffy

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

I meant to say 'someone', not 'sometime'. Sorry.

Reply to
Mike_Duffy

The guy was being nice with you, then you replied in your usual sociopathic manner.

sociopath in Culture sociopath [( soh -see-uh-path, soh -shee-uh-path)] Someone whose social behavior is extremely abnormal. Sociopaths are interested only in their personal needs and desires, without concern for the effects of their behavior on others.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

In what way was I dismissing your politeness? I had nothing bad to say about your post.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Reply to
Mike_Duffy

Is this a crossword clue?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Child's play. This is real ice downhill skating.

Meanie