OT Ice Cream

Well not totally OT. Just finished making some ice cream. Absinthe ice cream.

My goodness, everything I hoped for - and that is just the scrapings being tasted. Can't wait for the first proper serving.

Reply to
Rod

Don't suppose we'll hear from you for quite a while after that then! :-)

Reply to
John Stumbles

Eek!!

This is Do-It-Yourself, not Do-Yerself-In...

Great tip for Ice Cream that tastes just like the one that the man in the jangly van brings ya.

love this stuff, it's sufficiently different than the other (unhealthy) stuff in other places.

Reply to
Adrian C

Does it actually have any part of a cow in it?

Did notice the 1200W Angle Grinder on special from today though ...

Could you make ice cream using one of those stirry things plasterers use?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Rod wibbled on Sunday 25 October 2009 21:06

So - stop teasing: where's the recipe?

Did you use an icecream maker or the traditional way with ice+salt?

Reply to
Tim W

Basic egg yolk, sugar, milk and cream. Plus a good dollop of absinthe.

See:

but decided not to add chocolate for now.

Panasonic BH-941P ice cream maker - the sort you put into the freezer and it churns automatically. Only got it recently so still finding out how to get the best results.

Reply to
Rod

Have had one of these for a couple of years now. Amazingly simple and makes great ice cream too!

Get the Ben & Jerry book too - more great recipies.

Gordon

Reply to
Gordon Henderson

Rod wibbled on Sunday 25 October 2009 22:05

That looks a fun toy...

Now inspired, I can think of a million ice cream recipes that the kids couldn't eat :)

Reply to
Tim W

Of course not. He'll be too busy talking to the cow in the clown outfit.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Seems almost unobtainable now - got ours off ebay and that seller has run out.

Reply to
Rod

On Sun, 25 Oct 2009 21:06:40 +0000, Rod had this to say:

Well, this is d-i-y so you should distribute it around the group for a fair assessment...

Real address sent by email.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

That was cruel Dave, you've not met his wife....

;-)

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

Well, somebody had to say it - I'll get my coat.

Toom

Reply to
Toom Tabard

In message , Toom Tabard writes

Oh no, it was always a drink of Parisian Ladies of the night and apparently it contain(s) hydrogen peroxide so it should actually be;

Absinthe makes the tart grow blonder.

Indeed, after me.

Reply to
Clint Sharp

Dunno, but with the correct attachment a router cranked up to 20,000 RPM does a dam' good job at aerating some goopy (please excuse the technical term) foods.

Reply to
pete

Coo that takes me back.

Anyone remember the show with Frank Muir and Denis Norden where they used to finish with long rambling shaggy dog stories? Was it "My word"?

Anyway, heavily edited, there was a story told by Denis about a man who went to his doctor complaining about strange noises coming from his, um, rear passage. When quizzed by the doctor he explained that every time he broke wind is sounded like a japanese motorcycle. The doctor enquired as to whether he had been drinking Absinthe lately to which the man replied "Why yes. How did you know?"

The doctor replied, "Surely everyone knows that Absinthe makes the fart go Honda...."

I'll get my coat too....

Tim

Reply to
Tim

If you're in the US and listen to PBS radio (about the only thing worth listening to out there), it still plays the repeats. Came as quite a surpise to some US colleagues that most of the participants are now dead - they hadn't realised how long ago they were recorded.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Ya aint lookin hard enuf

110449114791

Not looking at all now we've got one! But indeed, good that they can be found if anyone wants one.

Just had my first full portion of absinthe ice cream - absolutely wonderful. The taste, texture, everything was excellent. And I think it would be one of those really difficult to guess ones.

Reply to
Rod