OT- I don't think they like parting with it ...

When we bought our new house recently, we couldn't sell our old house at the same time because we were waiting for some insurance work to be finished.

As a result, we paid an exorbitant rate of Stamp Duty on the new house. Having since sold the old house, we were entitled to claim back the excess duty which, of course, we did!

The cheque from HMRC arrived yesterday and I couldn't help noticing that the serial number of the cheque was 000006!

Reply to
Terry Casey