OT How They Dug the Victoria Line

His name is also splashed all over the opening sequence in rather large type just after he turns to camera after reading the poster and starts his commentary. Easy to miss, its only there for about 15 seconds....

Reply to
John Williamson

That's interestsing. As it doesn't appear on the version I watched. He steps off the escaltor at 0.45 walks over and stands beside the poster, does the intro finishing "over a weekend turning Oxford Circus" at 1.19 and then the film cuts to a voiceover of the pneumatic drills. With no credits at all.

michael adams

michael adams

Its at 2.17 minutes in after he looked at the map. I didn't watch that far in, as I was mainly checking if the underground footage was the same as on the Pathe clip.

michael adams

michael adams

The original 1967 trains have recently been replaced, and the original signalling system too. Trains are automatic but have drivers for operating the doors and emergencies.

Theo

Reply to
Theo Markettos

Not to mention the long term effects of hand-arm-vibration and noise from the pneumatic chisels and I have reason to know from long term use of similar equipment when we didn't know the dangers. AJH

Reply to
news

Bob H scribbled...

That's why the majority were Irish. It was rumoured that they'd be paid in cash on Friday - go buy a ready made suit - go on the piss over the weekend - go to work on Monday, wearing the suit, which they'd dump on the following Friday....

And no time off for funerals.

Reply to
Jabba

In Japan they make special refrigerated hard hats with a fan in the brim to keep the face cool as well. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

En el artículo , Adrian escribió:

How did you do that? None of the search strings I tried seem to work.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Smoking on the job is still allowed on some sites. Not legally of course

I have not seen the programme to the end as I just watched half an hour before going to work.

Reply to
ARW

And how does it compare with that clip?

Reply to
ARW

get-iplayer --pid= --get

Reply to
Adrian

You forgot the safety boots. But I cannot think of anyone daft enough to "want" to go on a site like that without wearing the proper gear;-)

Reply to
ARW

I knew about the signal upgrade:-)

The site foreman where I was working at was not amused. It took him 3 hours to get home.

Reply to
ARW

Bet you have never got on a train at Westminster Station with an apprentice and been asked by the apprentice "this station is a long way down why is that?"

Reply to
ARW

On 18 May 2014, Lobster grunted:

Bloody hell. Should've looked further than Brazil for an example of non-EU elf'n safety in action.

Try Quatar, where they are building the infrastructure for the 2022 World Cup. Reports of 900 deaths so far!!

Lobster

Mmm. Which meaning of Mike's post is right...?

"I've got get_iplayer, but the search doesn't come up with this prog" or "get_iplayer? Wossat?"

Reply to
Adrian

Wouldn't how up on my smart TV using any of the obvious words either, had to view on laptop, can't see it in get_iplayer.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Search strings only search the cached list of currently available programmes, ie the stuff that you'd find on the iPlayer website in current programme listings.

A get_iplayer command with: --pid=p00sc29t in it is currently downloading the programme here. The pid (programme id) is in the URL for the programme.

Reply to
Jeremy Nicoll - news posts

En el artículo , Adrian escribió:

That did the trick, thanks. The get_iplayer web front-end couldn't find it.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson