OT: How much are we paying via CFD's for floating offshore wind

I've been trying to find what CFD's we are paying for the ?2 floating offshore wind farms in UK waters, but for the life of me I can't find the information. I had a feeling it was something like £170/MWh and certainly a lot more than for Hinkley Point C but I'd like to find an accurate figure.

Can anyone help?

Reply to
Chris Hogg

No, but it does raise another question; does the price quoted for a wind generated MWh include the cost of the gas peaking plant and fuel required to turn wind energy into something dispatchable and reliable?

Also if you have to keep at least some gas plant running as hot spinning reserve, how much efficiency does it lose not running at its full designed output?

Reply to
John Rumm

I bet it doesn't, on the basis that TPTB like to keep these 'green' energy systems looking as cheap as possible so that the sheeple don't realise the true cost.

Another good question, particularly relevant if it's coal plant that's being kept in reserve. The cost must be a significant part of the total, because the only thing you're not paying for is the fuel - all the rest, manpower, maintenance etc will be the same or very close to it.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Hywind Scotland seems to be on ROC not CfD

Kincardine was trying to squeeze in before the end date of ROCs, not sure if it did or not

Andy Burns