OT - house contents insurance

Just back from short break in Spain, had bag stolen. About to claim (first time ever in 30 years of owning house!) on contents insurance, one of the big companies, which does cover posessions up to certain value when away on holidays. If I claim around =A3500 total, has anyone any idea how much as a percentage my premium may go up next year? I have not yet asked the ins. co. this, thought best to try to research first. I have a feeling, it may not be worth claiming. Any advice much appreciated.

Reply to
4square

Do you have any form of discount for no claims .If the claim is worth £500 then I can't see it not being worth claiming .

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

Why do tou think your premium would go up? Do you have an NCB type home insurance policy?

If not, there is very unlikely to be any increase.

Reply to
EricP

Before you claim you will need a document from the local police office in Spain which states the bag was reported locally as stolen. You cannot AFAIK just claim without supporting documentation. Also your policy will have an excess which you will have to cover.

Slurp

Reply to
Slurp

Can't see that excess+increase (if any)>£500

BTW. Did you get a report from the Spanish Police? You'll need one...

========================== Go to the web page of your insurance company and get a quote pretending to be a new client. If you use the same data as last renewal plus the current claim you should get an unbiased quote.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero