OT _ Hosting a Video

I have uploaded a few "unlisted" videos on Youtube, but a mate is asking me about how to enable his Institute to upload videos of lectures that could be of about 90 minutes duration - so that members who do not attend could log on and watch.7

It seems YouTube is limited to 15 minutes.

Any suggestions?

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Vimeo?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Andy Burns wrote in news:f9fhbqFp1kpU1 @mid.individual.net:

I had just found that and saw the PRO package.

What size is needed for a 90 min video - any idea?

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Put it on a website by ftp as a .MP4 in a suitable resolution to be acceptable quality video and decent quality sound. Any decent transcoder should allow you to save with custom downsampling and video quality.

Obviously there is a size vs quality tradeoff.

Reply to
Martin Brown

Martin Brown wrote in news:p0u3qs$75t$ snipped-for-privacy@gioia.aioe.org:

Too complicated!

Reply to
DerbyBorn

1-2GB
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I have longer vids on my youtube, once there was an option where you could tick enabling you to upload longer vids. it was in a simialr section where you monetize and set up channels not easy to find but via setting you c an type in the question under the help section "longer videos" was my searc h term and it came up with this.

Increase your video length limit

By default, you can upload videos that are up to 15 minutes long. To upload longer videos, follow the steps below to verify your account. If you have live streaming access, long uploads are enabled by default.

To upload longer videos, verify your account with the following steps:

On a computer, go to the upload page at youtube.com/upload. At the bottom of the page, click Increase your limit. You can also go d irectly to

Follow the steps to verify your account. You can choose to receive a ve rification code through a text message on a mobile phone or an automated vo ice call. Once you've verified your account, you can upload videos that are longe r than 15 minutes.

Make sure you're using an up-to-date version of your browser to upload file s greater than 20GB.

Reply to
whisky-dave

You won't get streaming then, depending on the client, it'll download fully before playing ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Part 1 part 2 part3 etc? I think if you want to do this kind of thing you need to pay a company for the bandwidth. I'm not sure if any of the podcasts sites do it in an affordable way. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Would it not depend on the definition and the number of concurrent connections required? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Try dailymotion.com I've put longer videos up there.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Odell

mine are unlimited on youtube...can't remember why ...it may come to me .....

Reply to
James M Stewart

verify your account ...

Reply to
James M Stewart

Plenty of videos on youtube longer than 15 mins.

Reply to
John Rumm

depends: html5 will play it,though you might need a wrapper round it

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Yup! Listen to someone else. Once you are verified, YouTube videos can be 12 Hours long (or128GB), see :-

for details

Seems, to me, to be a lot of backlash against YT just now . Is it worth investing lots in this system ? Mind you I can't think of anything that you could invest in that is YT only.

Reply to
soup