OT: Has your Iphone been Spying on You?

See The Mystery of CVE-2023-38606 podcast at

Cursitor Doom

I think it's safest to assume that any device containing a microphone (whether you know it or not) and communications facilities is spying at all times.

Reply to
Joe

Reminds me of Amazon's response, if you suggest that Alexa devices might be listening to your conversations.

"Oh no! It only listens when you say 'Alexa' (or which ever wake up word you use)" - glossing over how it can achieve that feat.

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

Mindless paranoia.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Well, there is always a fine line between being helpful and spying. It also depends what is done with data. Far worse is Google Chrome and google pixel phones.

Reply to
Brian Gaff

There's a fourth option which I really should have thought of earlier: you simply can't resist trolling. The plain fact is that a previously unknown backdoor into Apple Iphones has been discovered, so whenever the 'authorities' come a-calling with a warrant to spy on someone, Apple can no longer claim even *they* can't access a locked phone - which is what they've been claiming up til now.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom