OT: Google maps/browser aggro. Can anyone help?

At some point in the past I've installed something that's added a new right click menu on pages in Firefox.

This has turned out to be a bit of a pain when I'm using Google maps as it obscures the Google maps own right click options. You can see what I mean in these two images.

have Irfanview, Picassa and probably about another dozen image viewing programs. If I select "View info (which can be page or image depending on the content), it's a Firefox pop-up that comes up so I suspect the problem is intrinsic to Firefox rather than another program.

Anyone know how I can stop this happening in Firefox? I'm using 3.6.18. It doesn't happen in IE.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie

Don't think so. I suspect you've got an add-on installed. Go to Tools, Add-ons and see what you've got there.

Doesn't do it in 3.6.15 on this laptop, nor the 4.nn.nn on my other machine.

Reply to
Ace

Options - Content - Advanced (the button next to Enable JavaScript) - put a tick in Disable or replace context menus.

Reply to
Krusty

I've tried disabling all extensions and plug-ins with no success. :-(

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie

"Tim Downie" wrote

-- Interesting Tim, I tried it and mine does that too. It used not to do that. I am running Firefox 5.0

Alan

Reply to
Alan (BigAl)

Brilliant! Many thanks, it's been bugging me for ages.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie

I'm running Firefox 5.0 as well and all I get is the Google right click menu.

I have some add-ons installed to add BB and HTML formatting to the Firefox right click menu but, in Google maps, the Firefox menu doesn't appear at all.

Reply to
Terry Casey

You're welcome.

Really? Took about a minute of Googling to find the answer.

Reply to
Krusty

Doh! I must admit I do forget to try the obvious sometimes.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie