OT: Gas bill cuts

So now the winter is almost over .. expensive gas demand lowers and the gas companies are dropping their prices at the end of March .. some down 7%. I assume to keep us loyal for next winter's price hikes.

No surprises there ..

Mike P the 1st

Reply to
Mike P the 1st

In article , Mike P the 1st writes

Ones to avoid:

First-Utility

Having initiated 6 switches for friends & family to this outfit in early November 2009 I can report that only one has competed satisfactorily with the rest falling by the wayside due to organisational incompetence on the part of the supplier. They claim 20% savings on their supply costs but these are far outweighed by the time spent in chasing their courteous but impotent support staff.

The last application has now been cancelled after waiting four months for transfer, pointless after the peak usage period has expired.

Reply to
fred

We switched to First-Utility about the same time and it all went through OK in about 4 weeks. We are already seeing significant savings over Atlantic. We're outside their area so don't get a Smart Meter - maybe that helps.

Reply to
Reentrant

Just like anything else that is subject to seasonal fluctuations in supply and demand.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

"Mike P the 1st" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

So beat them at their own game.

I got an estimated reading in Feburary. I revised my bill with a customer reading that was much lower than it should have been. The gas company can take an actual reading in the summer if they want to.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

That's genius, that is!

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

...or fraud... but then, stuff em - they've been ripping us off for years.

Reply to
Mike Dodd

In message , "Mungo \"Two Sheds\" Toadfoot" writes

Common sense

Reply to
geoff