OT: garage supply - price cap?

I have a separate supply to my lock-up garage. Previously I had a zero standing charge tariff and paid about £5 per quarter. Now I have been transferred to standard variable rate with the Ofgem price cap, resulting in a 1,000% increase in the cost.

Question - do I get the £400 :-)

Reply to
Scott

Yes, you probably do, if it's on a separate account and not just a separate meter.

Owain

Reply to
Owain Lastname

Is your garage a "household"?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Well, it's not a business. Is there any other type of account?

Reply to
Scott

But a lockup could be a comecial property.

Reply to
alan_m

I think more to the point is whatreason do they give for the change as people on fixed rates continue until the end of that contract. EDF tell me that. If you have a tenant using the garage, not you, they should be getting the bills, if its your own garage, then why is it on a separate meter at all? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

It's not though. It is not subject to business rates as the council accepts it is an adjunct to my home (unfortunately not close enough to run a cable).

Reply to
Scott

As I said, it is now on the standard variable rate. Separate meter is because it is two streets away.

Reply to
Scott

PS The reason given was that the previous (zero standing charge) tariff expired and they no longer offer this tariff.

Reply to
Scott