OT: From BBCR4Today, this morning

It's one reason big business loves the EU. They can do their lobbying in Brussels where there's no oversight (unlike here). Just like with MEP expenses.

Reply to
Tim Streater

You think the cost of living the same in every EU country?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Of course 'we' don't want a level playing field. We want any advantages on our side. Then carp when another country does the same.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Clearly the EU isnt AFRAID of innovation produced that way.

Reply to
Ray

that's irrelevant

the low cost of one part of production feeds into the competitive prices that they sell at on the global market

something that the EU is seeking to deny us.

tim

Reply to
tim...

It isnt innovation

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

What they make the sellers of vacuums in the EU do is.

Reply to
Ray

no, it isn't. Nothing new about making overpriced crap at all.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Wasn't that the idea of the EU that everything is the same cost. i.e a loaf of the same sort of bread in france should cost the same as it does in any other EU country. Seemd a nice idea even if it was flawed.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Suck it up, is that the answer ?

Reply to
whisky-dave

In article <080120201013408694% snipped-for-privacy@greenbee.net, Tim Streater snipped-for-privacy@greenbee.net writes

I don't think the EU has yet grasped that Leave means Leave, i.e. no longer in.

Reply to
bert

It may well be to you. It's crucial to those living there.

Anything else you'd like to make up while you're at it?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

No.

What they did do was if a maker decides to price the same product differently in other EU countries, you are free to import it from the cheapest one.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Well it was when I was at school, similar to nuclear energey being so cheap it;s cost more to post the bill than we;d used oh and 30 hour working weeks or whatever it was.

I do that with amazon, didn't think you needed to be in the EU to price compare.

Reply to
whisky-dave

No it wasn't. And never was. Any more than things like a loaf of bread costing the same anywhere in the same country.

That idea pre-dated the EU by quite some time. And was said by an idiot.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Producing the same suction capability with a lower power motor is of course innovation.

Reply to
Ray

Not really no

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Corse it is.

Reply to
Ray

no, its simply copyimg better blade design from something like a jet engine.

Bercause the extra design time is now justified.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Still innovation with vacuum cleaners instead of a more powerful motor.

And clearly the EU isnt AFRAID of that innovation.