OT: Freesat HD vs Freeview HD

A better solution is to buy a Sony STB or similar which allows you to organise channels in any order you want.

And scan only when asked.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Its slightly complicated by the fact that unlike a dish pointed at the sky, there are other transmitters 'over the horizon' so its needful to restrict each transmitter to a restricted part of the spectrum.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Indeed. As all my TV in computer stuff does.

Its actually faster to set that up, than to set up the STBs. I can hand edit the channels files and remove stuff I don't want :-)

Its getting to the stage where I am almost tempted to make a TV out of a PC and get a built in recorder as well.

Just need a giant monitor to go with it.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

SCART only allows TV resolution. Convertors (or rather the ones I've played with) from SVGA to TV RGB are poor. A TV with a VGA input is better

- but won't give as good results as a proper computer monitor.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Well yes, that was my point. It's a Freeview channel that's not on Freesat.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie

Don't think thats quite what's being meant..

Save yourself the trouble and get a SONY EX 503U type, a /computer/ in all but name;).

Best looking large TV monitor around;!...

Reply to
tony sayer

That's the trouble with digital TV. When you get interference above a certain point it just collapses. Can I request a resend please?

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

What size?