OT - Fascinating Question !!

If you do not re-assemble the scone which half do you eat first? The top or bottom half of the scone?

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Does anything not go with scones?

Spamlet

Indeed. The fastest cake in the world.

Scone!

..... I'll get me coat.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I'm off to Devon for a week on Friday - I'll do some research & report back. Purely in the interests of research of course.....

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Huge wibbled on Monday 02 August 2010 22:28

That's not totally unbelievable. ratbab shops/death vans in York city sell (used to anyway) yoghurt as a dressing for 'babs. I liked it. It's never done darn sarf (also impossible to get decent fish and chips this side of the country).

Makes ginger haired women snog you...

Reply to
Tim Watts

ARWadsworth wibbled on Monday 02 August 2010 21:57

I tried that - oddly enough it smells sort of OK, but tastes like a dog's arse. Suppose that's why they like it. Next time I'll bet on cat food.

Reply to
Tim Watts

The Wanderer wibbled on Monday 02 August 2010 22:29

You must butter. Might as well hang for a sheep...

Reply to
Tim Watts

Bechamel does....

Reply to
S Viemeister

Only if it's a cheese scone.

Reply to
S Viemeister

The answer is yes, at least half an inch thick.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Angle grinder, car body filler, SDS drill, pressure washer, WD40. I'm sure I have missed something out.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

I'm sure I'll work out your logic and be utterly disgusted by the morning... ;-)

Reply to
Jules Richardson

This one, if

if it helps you be utterly disgusted by the morning

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Not sure I want to know, but, how do you know? ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Jules Richardson wibbled on Monday 02 August 2010 23:14

gave him custard and fish fingers a few weeks/months before, when she was 10 or something...

Reply to
Tim Watts

ARWadsworth wibbled on Monday 02 August 2010 23:14

^^^ Right

vvv Wrong

if it helps you be utterly disgusted by the morning

You'd need more than beer-googles on the 2nd one... Meths would be a start - at least you'd be blind.

Reply to
Tim Watts

If the scone is thick enough you can make two cuts slicing it into a top, middle and bottom (a bit like certain McDonald's buns) this allowing a bun-jam-cream-jam-bun-jam-cream-jam-bun-jam-cream-jam-bun layer.

This allows strawberry jam on the top two jams and blackberry jam on the bottom two jams.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

John Rumm wibbled on Monday 02 August 2010 23:27

Hypothetical extrapolation!

Reply to
Tim Watts

Was her name Alfred ?

Reply to
geoff

Brings to mind the mental image of the dog licking its balls, and an onlooker remarking somewhat enviously to the owner "I wish I could do that!". T

he owner replying, "give him a biscuit - he might let you!"

Reply to
John Rumm