OT: fake blood

Poss tax exempt, through age or registration class, either way no bar to insurance. R at the end is not 1996...

Reply to
Jim K...

1997 20+ years, eligible for classic status....
Reply to
Jim K...

What's the full reg?

Reply to
Jim K...

Harry Bloomfield, Esq. snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAM.tiscali.co.uk> Wrote in message:

It is taxed according to gov.uk. MOT is unclear...

Reply to
Jim K...

"Her Majesty?s Revenue and Customs see as 'classic' (basically) any car that is worth £15,000 or more, and aged 15 years or older."

Reply to
Jim K...

Anyone know what the fake blood, as sprayed all over themselves and the road and perhaps passers-by by the climate klods, is made of?

Reply to
Tim Streater

Dunno, but as they should all be identifiable, I hope it's very f****ng expensive to clean it off of stone.

Andy Burns

Possibly 'Kensington Gore', generally used in the theatrical business.

Chris Hogg

I doubt it. Rather expensive for the quantity involved. Probably a kid's water paint.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Its normally some kind of food dye in case anyone injects it by accident. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I bet every fireman in the country was pissing themselves laughing at the two klods (technical term!) who were trying to hold the hose and who had utterly underestimated the kick-back when the pressure was turned on. Everyone was trying to grab the snaking nozzle, but no-one thought to turn the pump off to staunch the supply of "blood" ;-)

Reply to
NY

I've heard you can make it with golden syrup, water, cornflour, red cake colouring and a dash of green.

Reply to
Max Demian

I don't think it was the kick back that caused the hose to become "unrestrained" but the hose becoming detached from the nozzle. There is a distinct burst of omnidirectional spray as it breaks loose. If the nozzle had been still attached it would have been snaking about far more violenty. That's just an open hose.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

cochineal I think

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I was unaware of the ER stunt when I replied. Having seen it, I'd agree with you - not Kensington Gore. But water-soluble organic dyes are plentiful and cheap, and a little goes a _very_ long way. Something like this

Chris Hogg

As many of these protesters for a cause types are also vegetarian or vegan it would be quite amusing if their liquid turned out to be made from boiling insects alive.

GH

Reply to
Marland

I'm also seeing on Twitter that this fire engine is privately owned, is not taxed, and therefore not insured, is an R-reg (1996 or so?) and so will be quite polluting.

Ironic, eh?

Reply to
Tim Streater

R is at the beginning.

Reply to
Tim Streater

R440 YDT

Reply to
Tim Streater

Tim Streater formulated on Thursday :

Insured, but no MOT and untaxed - tax was due 01st Sept 2019..

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.