[OT] Email address for service complaint at post office

Save room in there for me too please - who wants to be read by a sanctimonious muppet like you anyway?

Reply to
Nullified

Ah that's true.

Doesn't seem very expensive compared to some customer services... some are maddening rates.

Reply to
Paul Ebbens

True...the most annoying thing for me is that 0845 isn't in the inclusive minutes on my mobile! In one case (the bank) I call the 0870 number they give instead, because that *is* in the inclusive minutes on my legacy tariff.

Reply to
Bob Eager

But you might be surprised at the fuss *some* people make over 0845,

0870 and so on, because there have been significant discounts applied to the geographic numbers...
Reply to
NoNeedToKnow

When it costs more to call 0845, supposedly a 'cheap' number, than the US on a standard tariff, then it seems reasonable to make such a fuss.

clive

Reply to
Clive George

How strange... With mine its the other way around LoL.

Reply to
Paul Ebbens

Perhaps companies should just go back to their geographic numbers like in the good old days. Ah I forgot it'll be a +/00 91 prefix for many a customer service call and that might not help the phone bill ;-)

Reply to
Paul Ebbens

True, perhaps if we went back to the good old days of companies with geographic numbers. But then again it wouldn't be very friendly for phone bills as many a customer service centre will need a +/00 91 prefix ;-)

Reply to
Paul Ebbens

Have you tried:

?

Iz Veer Naice (as people who have just gone to see the Borat film would say)

AE

Reply to
abe22

Actually I think it would work well. Customers would be much more incented to choose companies with call centres closer to home (e.g.

+299, +298 etc. ). Definitely the way forward....
Reply to
Andy Hall

for geographic (or free 0800) alternatives to some

0845/0870 numbers.
Reply to
PM

That's a useful website thanks AE from PE that used to have a cam.ac.uk address ;-)

Reply to
Paul Ebbens

Make sure you send it special delivery and get a signature, or they'll claim they never received it. Better still deliver it by hand.

Ivor

Reply to
Ivor Jones

That really wouldn't look good for the Post Office ;-)

Reply to
Aaron Borbora

Special delivery is useful for getting attention, but relatively expensive. Recorded delivery is considerably cheaper, just not guaranteed next day, and you still get a signature.

Reply to
Bob Eager

I don't think you even need to pay for recorded - you can get free proof of postage at a Post Office, and ISTR that, legally, proof of postage constitutes proof of delivery.

Reply to
asdf

No it doesn't but IIRC it can constitute "service" of various notices, documents, etc. If it constituted proof of delivery then there would be no need for recorded and registered (or whatever it's now called) post to be used to "prove" delivery. It can be tantamount to proof of delivery if a contract or agreement states that proof of posting of an associated document is sufficient to satisfy a requirement to give notice.

Reply to
Charles Ellson

I don't know if that's true or not...but being able to check, online, that it HAS been delivered is very useful. And you can get a copy of the actual signature - useful to brandish at the company.

Reply to
Bob Eager

In message , at 01:17:50 on Wed, 15 Nov 2006, asdf remarked:

The free "proof of posting" doesn't prove very much. Merely that you posted *something*. The Post Office had a pile of pre-stamped forms next to the till and simply gave me one. They had no idea what it was I had posted, or to whom.

Reply to
Roland Perry

The point is academic.

If the issue at hand is worth pursuing, the cost of Special Delivery of a letter is about £4 including tracking and PoD.

If the issue is not worth that investment then it is a non issue unless one is a civil servant, jobsworth or both.

Next.

Reply to
Andy Hall