OT:Electric shock from small generator?

Tonight I was standing on dry tarmac in dry shoes about 6 feet away from where a small (unearthed) generator was running to power a race timing system. (Ground mats to detect RFID chips).
All of a sudden I got a funny tingle in one foot like a weak electric shock which lasted for a couple of seconds. After this had happened I found that the DSLR I was carrying would work anymore and it came up with a "CF err" (compact flash).
I seem to have lost all my pictures as my computer seems to think that the card is unformated. :-(
So, three questions. Firstly how likely was it that I received a shock (or did I just imagine it)? Secondly, could the "shock" have done something to the memory card? Lastly, anyone know any good free recovery software?
TIA
Tim
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

No idea about your shock experience. Try Recuva to restore your data.
Allan
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Tim Downie wrote:

Thank your lucky stars you're not a racehorse ...

PhotoRec every time.
http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.