OT: DVLA

Not my experience with relatives who have had the operation. They had to wait around a month before they could have their eyes tested for glasses.

The lenses they use for cataract surgery are fixed focus and the surgeons who have treated my relatives have asked the patient whether they would prefer a focus close-to or distant.

They aint cheap for the varifocals I have on any of the glasses direct type sites.

£80 in Asda, £120 on glasses direct. and they don't fit them.

Asda redid the last pair for free as I decided the transition point needed to be a bit lower.

Reply to
dennis

In both cases, I didn't make an appointment until after the operation had been successfully carried out, so there would have been the same delay as for any appointment so perhaps the opticians your relatives use are very busy.

In any case, if they elected to have the standard distance vision lens fitted, thety could restore perfect distance eyesight instantly, simply by removing the apropriate lens from their glasses.

Reply to
Terry Casey