OT Desperately need a website

You could sign up for a free blog at wordpress.com

Its quite flexible and you can set it up with static pages so that it looks like a 'normal' web site rather than a blog.

You can setup the keywords etc so that its picked up by Google (like someone else has said, this can take a while). You can assign a 'proper' domain name to it if you want to spend money.

Alan

Reply to
AlanC

It is quite possible for a letter sent second class to take that long to arrive, especially if it includes a weekend. What is the date on the postmarks? If that is significantly different from the date on the letter, you may have grounds for an objection, but that may only get you a few days' delay.

I can understand them feeling aggrieved that she didn't but it is her private business until the planning application is lodged and I doubt she is actually required to keep them informed of her private business.

IME, if you have a valid objection on planning grounds, it should only need a single letter to get a planning application refused. The problem is that a determined applicant can keep making changes and reapplying until you run out of valid objections.

Given the time available, what you really need is somebody with the necessary experience to set one up for you. TNP's link is probably your best bet.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

OK. Done (I think!)

Another Dave

Reply to
Another Dave

I'm holding that in reserve. I think the Bosley website is actually a blog.

Another Dave

Reply to
Another Dave

you think correctly.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I am against them and because I have to subsidise the bloody things for no benefit to myself. Just have a look at gridwatch today. I don't mind paying for nukes because they will provide me with a reliable consistent sustainable power supply.

Reply to
bert

Quick website - go to Spanglefish.com No expertise required Then go to Fasthosts and for a few pounds (literally) you can buy your own .org.uk domain name with free web forwarding hiding your clumsy Spanglefish URL and free e-mail forwarding to for example your own private e-mail without making that visible.

You can then upload photos sample letters documents etc into the Library. You could use Guest Book as petition by suitable wording of page heading. HTH

Reply to
bert

OK. Panic postponed.

It seems you can demand to see the planning FILE, ie the councils records not just the application. We did this and there is no trace of a planning notification (the sort of thing they have to stick on telegraph poles). Accordingly, they have agreed that the clock starts again when they get round to doing it.

In addition, although the original application was lodged before Dec 17, it wasn't "validated" until after that date due to errors by the applicant. The date is significant because applications after that date have to have a public consultation as a result of a decree by the blessed Eric Pickles.

We attended the last planning committee meeting. There were FOUR wind turbines; 3 were rejected 13 to 0, the other (recommended for acceptance by the planning officer) was rejected 12 to 1.

Although we aren't relaxing our efforts (130 letters of objection so far) we're feeling more optimistic.

Thanks for you help

Another Dave

Reply to
Another Dave

Good work - it shows though, that you have to know the system. Is there a website now and if so what is its URL?

Cheers,

Reply to
Tim Streater

There is a website here:

It's currently a load of crap but I'm working on it :)

I'm using Seamonkey's composer to create it. I used Seamonkey years ago before it turned into Firefox and Thunderbird and, surprisingly, it's still around and effective.

Another Dave

Reply to
Another Dave

And I thought I was the only person still using Seamonkey!

Reply to
Capitol

I was using SeaMonkey when your message arrived - I'm replying using the news reader bit.

I'm SERIOUSLY thinking of going back to it for browsing and mail as well. It's fast and it doesn't have a lot of the flaws, I mean features, that Thunderbird and Firefox have accumulated over the years.

Another Dave

Reply to
Another Dave

LOL!, looks like its going the be read by roman senators rather than the local council;)...

Reply to
tony sayer

Yes, I found however that I was better off with 2.02 than later versions which crashed repeatedly on both a windows and Linux computer.

Reply to
Capitol