OT - Daft word being painted on vans.

"For free" rather than "free" or "for nothing".

"Orient" rather than "orientate".

"Acronym" rather than "initialism".

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Except it ought really to be 180º feedback in that case, surely?

Pete

Reply to
Pete Verdon

exactly the point they wanted to convey .....

Reply to
Jethro

180 degree feedback is when you criticise your boss. 360 degrees is when he/she responds by giving you the sack.
Reply to
Bruce

Andy Champ wibbled on Friday 29 January 2010 19:53

I thought 360 degrees was how some managers got their heads so far up their arses.

Reply to
Tim Watts

I was on a train the other day that "arrived into" Stoke-on-Trent.

Reply to
Bruce

10% solutions, your local smack dealer.
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Probably destinated for Manchester.

Never mind, it'll soon be Feb-u-ary.

Reply to
Ian White

As in 'returning back'...

'administrate' (and yes, I'm back, Cyclopean)

Reply to
Bob Eager

7% solution - Sherlock Holmes
Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Only if you bought a longer van.

Reply to
PJ

Welcome back and may any post operation pain be soon a memory.

Reply to
Clot

Because an issue might be an opportunity whereas a problem is entirely negative ...

It appears that pretty much everyone says "try and ..." - no-one ever "tries to ...". (I know, I also slip into it, but I try to avoid doing so all the time. Or should that be ...?)

Reply to
Rod

... or my pet hate, which is "off of". As in:

"We took the tins of paint off of the shelf in Homebase."

Reply to
Bruce

Someone sent Private Eye "Sericol: printing solutions". Dunno whether the sender really knew but PE didn't get it, that Sericol sell actual solutions of printing inks etc and presumably used the term tongue in cheek.

Reply to
John Stumbles

Cue reference to "open all hours" and Arkwright's treacle toffee...

Reply to
John Rumm

Problems finding a sexual partner? Never mind, the solution is in hand...

Reply to
John Rumm

In message , John writes

Copper sulphate

Reply to
geoff

Thanks...pain is OK and I slept fine last night despite the poor sod opposite me (on chemo) throwing up all night. All I had were 2 paracetamol.

Reply to
Bob Eager