OT: Covid testing when being vaccinated

Have I missed something? Are people routinely tested for Covid when they turn up for their vaccination?

Reply to
AnthonyL

I was simply asked about symptoms in the last few days. I have mine booked for tomorrow.

I suspect there will be a temperature check.

Reply to
Bob Eager

I had temperature check with IR thermometer.

Dave

Reply to
David Wade

No, not where I and M-I-L were vaccinated here in Suffolk anyway.

Reply to
Chris Green

Not for us, no actual 'interventions' at all apart from the vaccination itself. They asked a few simple, sensible questions but that was all.

Reply to
Chris Green

I took my mother for her jab last week. The procedure was, turn up at appointed time. Sanitise hands at desk and wait for a "guide". They ran through questions (any symptoms, previous allergic reactions, any other vaccines in the last 7 days, are you on any blood thinning medications. do you consent etc). Then wait for nurse to collect, who led you to the next free consultation room for the jab, after which, here is your card, and a sheet of notes, you are free to go.

No physical checks/tests of any kind. I expect the procedure will not be the same everywhere.

Reply to
John Rumm

Not even that when I went to a local surgery. However, an RAMC Captain did ask a lot of questions, including whether we felt well, had been tested in the past week or had any symptoms.

Reply to
nightjar

sounds remarkably similar to my experience yesterday. There were 9 vaccination points - one seemed to be reserved for wheelchair bound people. I was imprerssed how well the wifi worked. I had to wait for 15 minutes after the jab since I drove myself there. Loads of helpers in St John Ambulance uniforms, one with a Fire Service badge. When I was waiting for my 15 minutes to pass, a helper came to chat. I discovered he was normally office bound at the MoD and "redeployed". Car park was well organised, too.

Reply to
charles

Yes, that pretty much describes what I and M-I-L received. Didn't yours have the 15 minute wait before going? Our only minor issue was that both of us had appointments, I wasn't just accompanying.

Reply to
Chris Green

That's completely useless in this cold weather.

Reply to
GB

Didn't stop the hospital doing that when I visited. Outside, too.

Reply to
Bob Eager

We walked over to the hospital on a cold day, and the chap kept muttering to himself that his IR thermometer seemed to be broken, as it registered low. I opened my jacket so he could check my armpit temperature, and his comment was 'Oh, it's started working now'. Some people cannot be helped.

Reply to
GB

as I found out when I went to the dentist in early December, The device said of my skin temperature "Too cold". I agreed with the machine - I'd been waiting outside for 5 minutes.

Reply to
charles

Aren't they missing a trick and some valuable statistics and information?

Reply to
AnthonyL

Only if they can file and retrieve the information they collect reliably. NHS IT systems are notorious for having write only memory.

Reply to
Martin Brown

If vets are being trained to give vaccinations, how will they be taking temperatures ? :-)

Reply to
Andrew

Same way the Chinese are allegedly taking test samples now?

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

IR temp check only.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Not that I'm aware of unless there is a need for it and it often depends where you go for it, one of the big places or a doctors surgery. Indeed volunteers are tested each time they come in, but never offered the vaccine unless they are in the target age. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Yes still trying to find a talking or bluetooth one of those. I understand there are some bluetooth oxymeters and one talking one available from the states now. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa