OT: Complaining in restaurants

I have no idea. Certainly not from me!

Reply to
David Lang

Teenagers. The parents are always wrong. Only thing they can do properly is open their wallet.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

as long as you do not eat any replacement after complaining.

Reply to
F Murtz

Nah... parents are too slow & mean. Money grows on trees after all. Kids should never learn how to make any thmeselves, that means actually doing something, etc.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

I liked the system they had in at least Geneva. The waiting staff were independent traders who bought the meal from the restaurant to serve to you. They then sold you the meal at a 15% markup, called the tip but actually obligatory (at least back then). It meant that if you complained, the waiter was on your side otherwise he'd be out the price of the meal.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Maybe it was Halal pork ?.

Reply to
Andrew

Must have been from a strange animal that "pork lion"!

What's new?

No reason at all!

But surely that "nice lunch" is relative to the person eating it. What did your daughters order and if it was the same as you, did they enjoy it?

I could respond to that, but...........

And apart from eating the stuff - where's the DiY content of the subject then?

First time in a long period I have read a post from the Medway Handyprat, but as usual when I do dig you out of the kill-file and do so, what do I find?

I find that you're still moaning and spouting your usual rubbish.

If you don't like the grub and complain fair enough [1], but why 'bring back it up' on a non-food newsgroup?

[1] When I am in a restaurant or cafe and I receive food that I believe is below standard, I always complain when I first discover it (usually in the first couple of bites) and if I have paid for the meal first, I always obtain a refund and walk away.

If I haven't paid for the meal prior to eating, I still walk away - because if the chef is having a bad day, god knows what 'little hidden extras' he or she will add to the replacement meal for 'extra flavour'.

NB, I have a very good mate who used to run an eatery many, many years ago in Exeter, and it was him who at that time, put me wise to those chef's 'little hidden extras' - excrement was just one of them - and advised that I check any replacement meals rather thoroughly in ANY restaurant or cafe before eating it.

Reply to
Unbeliever

He's from a funny family: he eats pork lions and his daughters are camels :-)

Reply to
NY