OT Comparison websites

Spent a happy few minutes yesterday working through some of the utility price comparison websites. I have E7 day and night time readings for several years, and was able to work out a good reliable average annual consumption. Every site came up with a different answer.......

Reply to
The Wanderer

What we really need is a web site that compares comparison websites.

Reply to
David in Normandy

In article , The Wanderer writes

Did you manage to find the hidden button to reach the underlying tariffs and work out the real costs?

I once pulled BG up for not having tariff information on their 'home' website, they replied that they wanted to encourage people to call in to [receive the best possible energy saving advice] {mislead consumers on the competitiveness of their tariffs without written evidence}. I eventually chose the FO-BG tariff.

Reply to
fred

What do you expect when they receive a fee from the various companies - and they are sometimes persuaded by an even bigger fee from certain companies not to promote (or hide at the bottom) the best deal!

Reply to
Big Grin

Depends entirely on the 'bung' they get from the utility companies.

Specially set up by the Govermint to con the plebs.

You have to get offers direct from the utilities, ask for a full price list as well as a quote. State you will not transfer without a full price list. You'll suddenly discover that they don't want you to know their prices at all!

R.

Reply to
TheOldFellow