OT Colour test challenge

I think it scores on how many squares are where they belong, so if you get one out of sequence the ones following it will all be one out, therefore no score for any.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

11, but I started getting bored...
Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

My Syncmaster 2443 seemed good to start with, but only just outlasted its guarantee. It's getting hard to find new monitors with > 1080 vertical.

(Fault is probably noisy PSU rails. I bought replacement caps, but never got around to fitting them. Unfortunately, you can't really run it with the PSU exposed for testing, because none of the flying leads are long enough to allow the PSU to be moved so it is accessible.)

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

  1. SteveW

Reply to
SteveW

I scored 4, but it then quoted the highest score for my age and gender as 1560 - so it looks like you can score higher than 100 despite what it says.

SteveW

Reply to
SteveW

No. They just expect most people to get less than 100.

The score is probably just the sum of the error distances.

-- Richard

Reply to
Richard Tobin

In message , ARW writes

Anyone remember this one?

http--www.bbc.co.uk-science-humanbody-sleep-sheep-reaction_version5.swf

Reply to
Tim Lamb

The idea is that the person being evaluated is asked to trace a finger along the line from one end to the other.

I still remember being given the Ishihara tests at junior school and initially getting into trouble because the tester thought I was mucking about and deliberately giving silly answers. It took a few goes before she was even willing to consider the possibility that I might actually be severely colour blind.

Reply to
Bert Coules

I scored 12, (aged 69 & LCD monitor). As you beat me I tried to find out what age you are by seeing what corresponded to 1560 highest. All I could find were 1520's and ludicrous values such as 99999996 highest for age 70+, and some negative values e.g.-160 for best , so there's something wrong with the website.

Reply to
Dave W

But you still could have a colour vision problem. You need to click on each of the images to reveal what should be seen.

Those without problems will see 2 numbers in some tests and those with problems may only see 1 number. In other pattern tests those with a problem may see a number.

There are some tests with squiggles, but again, 1 or 2 squiggles?

Reply to
alan

Don't do anything and press score and it gives you a score of 1162

Reply to
alan

I thought mine had gone t*ts up the other day... had it apart, tested all the caps and the secondariness on the backlight transformer (common fault on Samsungs IME [1]), and could not find a fault. Reassembled and tried again and it worked fine. Then realised I had it switched to the DVI input when I was trying to view VGA ;-) So it lives for a bit more!

Yup - my main reason for choosing it. It was going to sit beside another with 1200 vertical res, and I wanted some thing that matched and was height adjustable. There was less than half a dozen options it seemed and that was a couple of years ago.

You can run it flat on its face with the psu resting in place I found. So you can at least probe the main rails etc.

[1] Although I have a 19" sammy here that I can't find the fault on... backlight works but flickers, and there is a sizzling sound from the board! Caps are fine as is the inverter transformer (thought it was duff, but the replacement also has the same problem). Beginning to think it might be the tubes themselves.
Reply to
John Rumm

John Rumm

with 3-year swap-on-site warranty. I want one, but I'd need a new card and I'm going to build a new PC next year, so not worth getting the card.

Reply to
PeterC

I did neither, so my score must be 0.

Reply to
PeterC

I copied it from a favourites file. I think:-)

Reply to
Tim Lamb

102 for me .

Thing was I could see some were in the wrong order but I couldn't be bothered putting 100% effort in. Don't think I would get down to 23 though.

Reply to
soup

but the display isn't helping.

A quick photo of the screen and a delve into the rgb levels revels the display does actually reproduce all the shades at all equally, not that I know that it should.

Reply to
dennis

As said I got 51 and it showed an horizontal bar with a marker just beyond centre, the centre being around 50% hence my assumption of 100% maximum.

I would guess the 1560 you saw is the accumulated score for everyone in the age range. It is very easy to just get it once box out, causing a low score, so its not really a valid test.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Blue eyes?

Reply to