OT co-op bank

The Co-op bank has just sent me an email advertising their upcoming new look for digital banking.

The email contains some useful information about security

Quote Online Security

Please remember ? the bank, police or other trusted organisations will NEVER

Send you an email, text or social media message containing a link to a login page. [End Quote]

Guess where the link in the email for 'see the preview video' goes?

Answer The Co-op bank - Log in to online banking

Reply to
alan_m

Are you sure that that is where it has sent you? And not to a phishing site that looks identical?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

How sure are you that it's genuinely from Co-Op Bank? Assuming it is genuine, can I assume the link is pointing here?

If so, that doesn't take you directly to the login page like phishing emails usually do.

This is the login page

Graham.

Or pages that look like the Smile homepage, login page etc... Very occasionally a bit of phishing is very good and I'll wander off and have a loook. These tend to end up in a very convincing set of pages, using "borrowed", stylesheets, images layout etc. Even the displayed URL can be "manipulated"

(had a phishing attempt from paypa! just the other day).

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I get those regularly and I am not even a customer - one of several reasons why I won't go near them.

Jonathahn

Reply to
Jonathan