OT: Chat with British Gas

I am trying to see what they offer in terms of different tariffs, per their invitation, but I always get a screen saying that 'there are technical problems'. This has been going on for over a week. Just now, I contacted Chat, and asked to talk to an agent. I am 260th in line (not in the queue, but in line).

Oh dear. I bet I would not be 260th if I wished to pay them money.

Reply to
Davey

Do they have a different 'phone number for people thinking of leaving? That normally gets answered quickly.

Reply to
Jeff Gaines

Probably, but I wasn't thinking of leaving. In fact, I was online with an agent in 9 minutes, so it wasn't too bad. I've been on telephone hold for longer than that.

Reply to
Davey

How long did you have to wait for each response to your input?

Last time I did this I was waiting up to 2 mins each time!

nib

Reply to
nib

Why do you stay if service is so bad? I really wonder why people are so attracted to them when they were one of the main offenders in ripping off loyal customers....

I'm currently on eon.next's guarantee to be below the price cap tariff. Handy list of tariffs here.. (you need to re-join the uRL)

BG isn't terrible, but I avoid them like the plague...

Dave

Reply to
David Wade

I wonder how many 'customers' the 'agent' is handling at one time? Sometimes it feels like I have joined a very large poker game, and I have to wait ages for the dealer to chuck cards in my direction.

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

The responses were as fast as I would expect, so I have no complaint on that score. In fact, once the human came on line, the service was good.

Reply to
Davey

Be honest - they are terrible. Incompetent, expensive, they care about profits not customers.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield Esq

A little while ago a nice chat agent immediately gave me their bank details so I could pay my bill via online banking, a facility which their phone line said was "impossible".

Reply to
Max Demian

I left eon.next because on their better tarrif they wanted me to have a smart meter which I dislike because it is obvious to supplier staff when a property is not occupied.

Reply to
Michael Chare

You paid money into the agent's bank account?

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

No.

Reply to