OT Car tax to go up next week.

You do realise that Brian is blind?

Which begs the question of what the licensing situation will be like when fully automatic self driving cars which can drive themselves anywhere become a reality.

Will people like Brian, who is currently disqualified from holding a licence, be allowed to use such cars?

And it would add a whole new dimension to the school run when all the 5 year olds turn up in their cars! Perhaps they could have a 'return to base' button so that their mums can have the use of the car for the rest of the day?

Reply to
Terry Casey

coming hme from the pub would be my suggested use.

Reply to
charles

No Audi or leased cars here. I did have an HP deal for Rover SD1 3500 V8

35 years ago.
Reply to
mm0fmf

I've always thought it was to make a quick gettaway in case the parking attentant turns up to hand you a ticket, as you aren't a customer in that store.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Wonderful thanks, Mr P. It's a great little village.

Reply to
swldxer1958

The politics of envy. Larger cars don't always pollute more. Our Smart Car produces about twice the CO2 my 4x4 does.

Reply to
Brian Reay

Almost no policing at this store because as I said the carpark is rarely busy. It's those where spaces are at a premium that police most.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

According to Honest John, is it UE6d-WLTP ?

Reply to
Andrew

My neighbours son has just married a lady with 4 existing kids and the youngest, about 3, has Downs syndrome and wheelchair bound.

This 3-yo cannot drive but they have a nice new 18-reg 7-seater Motability car with all bells and whistles.

The rear seats fold up and down electrically and the entire family benefit from it, both financially and physically.

Neither adult has any disability at all.

Reply to
Andrew

Mine is.

Reply to
Bob Eager

CO2 is just one of the so called pollutants. And not a dangerous one at the point of contact. Unlike many of the others.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)