OT Car insurance

I am 51 years old with 3 years NCD and Churchill and Direct Line are double the prices of all other quotes.

So what do they not like about me?

Reply to
ARW

They read usenet?

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

There is no rhyme or reason to insurance quotes.

Senior Management changed cars recently. Previous car was covered by a manufacturer specific policy which was competitive and had some features we need, so we looked at a similar policy for the new car ( different manufacturer). Seemed expensive - even allowing for it being a new car, it isn?t a sports car / hot hatch etc.

A bit of hunting around, same cover, with the features we need ( long European trips - we tow it on a trailer), not quite half. Max no claims (9 years +) etc, clean licence, to retired drivers, limited mileage, two other vehicles, ? all the things that lower premiums.

Equally, I could pay double for my motorhome by picking the wrong Company - yet we always go for reputable ones ( well what passes for reputable in insurance companies). I pointed someone I know at the company I use, they halved the premium.

Reply to
Brian

In the new year the companies cannot offer a better deal to new customers compared to their loyal customers. Some companies are adopting the regulations earlier. Perhaps the expensive quotes are from those companies that previously rewarded loyal customers with much higher premiums?

In the past I've found that accepting more of the risk yourself by increasing the excess amount can reduce the quote significantly. I've also found that on some occasions that the renewal quote from a currently used company looks competitive until you check the (changed) excess amounts for the renewed policy.

I seem to remember at the age of 50 my renewal quote with the company I was using actually went down.

Reply to
alan_m

Post code? Maybe a lot of their customers in your area have more need of insurance? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Its not just cars either even home and contents can be exactly the same. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

LV seems to have taken it up early - no massive increase for my second years of house cover for this year.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

My Barclays home insurance was exactly the same this October as it was last October.

Reply to
Andrew

That could account for why some cashback sites are offering more money for new policies.

Reply to
Fredxx

they saw your youtube video of you in your vvan exceeding the speed limit on the motorway?

Reply to
SH

Been with LVE since 2018, last year I think it went up slightly, this year the renewal quote is down £50, the meerkat price for LVE is another £30 lower (thought that sort of thing wasn't allowed for new vs existing customers now?) and a sub-brand of LVE is yet another £30 lower and includes a courtesy car which costs £20 extra on the renewal quote.

Reply to
Andy Burns