(OT) Bt trying it on ????

Hmm, BT can use VoIP at the exchange end. We had a DSLAM that did broadband and VoIP termination for the POTS line five years ago. They were on the same card and dispensed with the need for an exchange to offer POTS. I expect they are using the same design for 21CN as we proposed.

We also had cards that did traditional trunk lines that just replaced the concentrators and ran 2M back to the traditional switch.

Reply to
dennis

you will find that your Council Tax bill and your voter registration paperwork, amongst other things, is addressed to "The Occupier".

Reply to
charles

In article , charles writes

Around here, I think the voter registration stuff is not RM delivered.

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian Simpson

The virgin pots will take 'heritage' phones, at least pulse dialling ones.

However, I'm thinking of ditching virgin in favour of infinity. I've yet to do the sums, I prefer using proper coax for BB rather than twisted pair which wasn't designed for it but VM's marketing, price and poor customer service may result in a change.

Reply to
<me9

The air wasn't designed for aeroplanes either, but they work well enough :-)

I am getting more down a mile and a bit of copper than I ever did down fibres in the early days....

who cares what it is if it works.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

In article , Frank Erskine scribeth thus

BT must lurve yer Frank;!...

Reply to
tony sayer

Just curious but what BB speed are you actually getting and is that copper back to the exchange or to a roadside cabinet that has a fibre connection?

Reply to
Roger Chapman

My Council Tax bill is addressed to me personally.

Reply to
Roger Chapman

You could change your name by deed poll.....

Er, usefully, online too ;-)

(me checks google with "online deed poll" - Bloody hell, looks like everyone and his dog is running a "change your name by deed poll" advice site.... Who is regulating this?)

Reply to
Adrian C

these days after attention by well coffee and biscuited engineers a bit over 5Mbps down and the ghastly 448k up which is all I can it seens expect.

No fibre. Copper all the way.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

As is mine.

Reply to
S Viemeister

Having done this personally, everyone is onto it.

and it's not regulated because there is no legal requirement to do such-and- such when changing names in England.

I did mine with a solicitor - only to be told by the Chinese Embassy that I had to do it again with exactly one particular online service because only that service was recognised, despite it not being affiliated to the government in any way.

I guess they bought the ambassador the best dinner...

Reply to
Tim Watts

I do

It's just all too easy for the notice telling you that it's about to auto renew to get "lost" in the post and there's no incentive at all for the supplier to make sure that it doesn't.

By making you actively have to "sign up" each year it will never get lost (will it)

tim

Reply to
tim....