[OT] Blade Shaving

.. as opposed to the Electric Shavers thread ongoing. Has anyone tried the new boys on the block - mail order or otherwise? I have tried all the ones usually found in the supermarkets/pharmacies. They all work but are a rip-off for price. I am using Wilkinson Sword/Schick Hydro 5, not because it shaves any better, but it is marginally cheaper and gets in my earhole where us old blokes suddenly start growing hair.

Reply to
Jim S

Lidl twin blade razors. Something like £3.50 for a handle and 20 blade cartridges. Sometimes on offer with extra blades.

Cheers

Reply to
Clive Arthur

Wow. Down to what; fine stubble, particular gel/cream?

Reply to
Jim S

What was a joke ten years ago is reality now:

"Fuck Everything, We're Doing Five Blades"

*ck-everything-were-doing-five-blades-1819584036

Actually, now I know 5 blade razors actually exist, I'll probably give them a go myself. I thought the mach 3 turbo was still the dogs wotsits.

Reply to
Caecilius

Got myself an old fashioned safety razor and a pack of double edged blades off Amazon.

Finally a razor that works. still on the second pack of blades a cuople years later

Reply to
Tjoepstil

You shave your palms?

Reply to
stvlcnc43

I always used Gillette blades (I forget the exact type, Contour something- one of the twin bladed ones) with a white strip but, when I couldn't get any, someone also looking for them in the shop mentioned the Wilkinson (the shop) own brand ones fitted. Normally, I wouldn't touch anything other than Gillette but I'm almost converted, especially as the ones I normally use seem to be in short supply.

They are triple bladed, fit the Gillette handle, and seem fine. They are about half the price of the Gillette ones- about £3 for 5 as I recall.

I looked at the mail order beasts but they don't actually look that good a deal, plus if you run out, you can't just pop into a shop.

Reply to
Brian Reay

I used King of Shaves for a while, but they disappeared from all the supermarkets.

These days I just use Wilkinson-Sword, but bulk buy when they are on offer and give my face a rest by only shaving 2 or 3 times a week - it's amazing how long a pack of blades will last that way!

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

Jim S was thinking very hard :

I looked at them but nothing more than that. I got the impression that they were not that much cheaper and the idea was to simply tie you into a regular deal as a direct debit.

My shaving regime is irregular. I might grow a beard for a few days, then get a shave for an occasion or just because I feel like having a shave. My 5 bladed Gillettes tend to last a couple of months each, so not a huge amount to be saved anyway.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

No need to to the backs, that hair gets worn off when the knuckles drag along the ground ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

I found a bulk pack of Mach III blades in makro for something like £30 IIRC - that included something like 25 or 30 blades (i.e. 5 plastic clips full that mount on the back of the razor holder). They have been keeping me going for a few years. (I don't wet shave every day though)

Reply to
John Rumm

LOL!

Reply to