OT..Best online tv guide?

happy new year! my radio times has just run out so i thought id try an online guide.. anyone recommend a good one?

Steve

Reply to
r.p.mcmurphy

Depends what you are after, but tvguide.co.uk is OK.

Reply to
NotMe

Aiden

a good place to look. They do a free trial - so give it a whirl.

I downloaded it 18(?) months ago and find it very useful.

Noz

Reply to
Nozza

OR:

Paper2002AD

am I missing something... ;) Need to register (free) and allow cookies to customise the channel listings.

Lee

Reply to
Lee

That it's a bag of s**te?

Horrible interface. I have a reasonably large monitor, with 1280*1024. I want to be able to view 6 hours at a stretch, but it's not possible. It's also annoyingly slow, and prone to not working. There is also the (minor) problem that anyone with your email address can see all the information you've entered.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Fairy nuff, it was much better before they "improved" it.

Ah, so it does...but it would be difficult to guess the fake email addy I used and I don't really care if people know what TV progs I watch ;)

Lee

Reply to
Lee

It's good because it's a proper application not a web page. I have it open all the time :-)

Reply to
Mark Hewitt

I've no problems really with Radio Times. Been using it for a while, downloading to my Palm. (Up to now not had a connection at home.)

Works for me...

Reply to
Andrew Chesters

In message , Mark Hewitt writes

Yeah, I like Digiguide. Two versions, an application that runs locally and updates it database when it can, and an online version. I use that later, as I can go straight to my listings & searches from any of the 3 PC's I use.

Digiguide has searches and email reminders, but reminders arrive shortly before the program starts. Not what I really want.

Do any of the guides offer the ability to load up program search criteria on a permanent, on going search basis. Such that I'd get an email say once a week that says "programs X, Y, Z that you are watching out for are on this next week at A, B, C"?

Reply to
Steven Briggs

Si

Reply to
Simon Hawthorne

I used it for three years but didn't renew this time, I am frustrated by the non-standard way the damned thing works, and there are some free software programmes that look promising.

Gareth

Reply to
Gareth A.

Do you know if you can get digiguide to list the channels in order ? - my ITV channels are out of sync numerically, and its winding me up (only just subscribed)

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Menu option "Tools" / "Change your channels...", funnily enough

Reply to
Mike Dodd

Join the Digiguide forums and post the question there - plenty of very clever scripts doing the rounds, and from what I saw from d/l'ing one of the video tutorials the search capability is fantastic (and complex)

Reply to
Mike Dodd

on the Advanced button, customise a page with the channels you watch, then bookmark it for future use. I've created bookmarks for terrestrial tv, digital tv and radio.

-- Not tonight, dear. I have a modem. Steph Peters delete invalid from snipped-for-privacy@sandbenders.demon.co.uk.invalid Tatting, lace & stitching page

Reply to
Steph Peters

I use and like it too, but the above does irritate me as well. Thought it was such a no-brainer that I emailed their tech support to ask how to vary the lead time on the email, and was told it wasn't yet possible, but was coming in their next upgrade.

David

Reply to
Lobster

AAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!