OT: Barclays Bank no longer supplying free Kasperski Internet Security

Yes taking care is often enough, but the situation is different when you have a non-technical wife, plus children.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

Of course no-one here has direct knowledge of the extent of the Russian (or Chinese for that matter) exploitation of our hardware or operating systems - we have to take the word of 'experts' in the industry. So who do we trust? Schneier?

Reply to
mechanic

Windows (10) Defender.

Reply to
mechanic

I have AVG free. But may be forced to pay for something due to the continual pop ups telling me how much better I'd be with the full version.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Don't let them loose on a critical device, and educate them to the fact that the world is full of nasties, both virtual and real.

Reply to
Richard

If their cloudcare platform is anything to go by, its becoming more like Avast than AVG.

Reply to
John Rumm

Yes. As with printer ink, this seems to be a recognisable sales model. Offer a free but limited version of what is wanted and then 12 months later start *rewarding* you for long usage by bombarding you with

*offers*. >
Reply to
Tim Lamb

I thought it already was (from a commercial POV). I installed 'AVG Business' for a friend a few months back and noticed that the two Companies seem to be intertwined.

As you say, the product may well become one soon ... or not?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Presently I use a Mac and a bit of thought.

Reply to
whisky-dave

I've very recently switched to Kaspersky "free" from Bit Defender. So far so good. Just the daily "register" nag to close and off we go.

And quite frankly I'd much sooner trust a Russian company than any company that can be influenced by Western Intelligence agencies. IYKWIM

Reply to
www.GymRatZ.co.uk