OT: Another challenge

I see those solicitors who were behind the Article 50 legal case are now at it challenging the Govt's agreement with the DUP.
I wonder if they've read the Bill of Rights.
--
"People don't buy Microsoft for quality, they buy it for compatibility
with what Bob in accounting bought last year. Trace it back - they buy
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Solicitors act for clients. They don't work independently
--
from KT24 in Surrey, England

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 09/07/17 10:45, charles wrote:

I see you have had little to do with the legal profession.
They work for themselves.
They pretend to work for their clients.
--
"When one man dies it's a tragedy. When thousands die it's statistics."

Josef Stalin
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

apart from the fact that my father, grandfather, great grandfather, etc were all solicitors.

That's your view.
--
from KT24 in Surrey, England

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 09/07/17 12:51, charles wrote:

It's my experience
--
"I guess a rattlesnake ain't risponsible fer bein' a rattlesnake, but ah
puts mah heel on um jess the same if'n I catches him around mah chillun".
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 09/07/2017 14:31, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Sore because you lost? Its sometimes financially painful when you divorce someone even if brexiteers think otherwise.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

And you would think that if any of this (buying government support and Brexit) were so cut_and_dry to really be the best thing for all of us, it wouldn't be dividing the country as it seems to be and we wouldn't have so many people fighting / questioning every single step and action along the way.
And that's just the realism of even starting to think that a lead of 4% actually truly represents 'the people speaking'. It (obviously) isn't 'the people' (by a long way), it's just 4% of those people who actually responded to the poll on that particular day (as we have seen with such a massive swing in the result of the recent snap election).
So, if we 'the people' are supposed to be voting on our own futures with such things, I wonder how the Leave / Remain poll might have panned out if we had said 'the best of three', before, during at the end of any 'negotiations'.
It's more like someone started a scam with Chinese whispers, got the result of the poll they wanted and then stuck their fingers in their ears when 'the people' actually realised what had happened.
The Brexit (or not) result should, like 'alternative energy', be able to stand on it's own two feet, *IF* it really is the best solution for us all.
You shouldn't really need to bribe or subsidise a good idea ...
Cheers, T i m
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

I don't think anybody thinks that Brexit is clearly the best thing for everybody. In fact, it's quite clear that a lot of people think it isn't.
It is simply that more people want it than oppose it. So that's what we're going to do.

The people who didn't respond don't count.

But we didn't, and one of the rules of the game is that you don't change the rules after the game.

Sorry, who's bribing or subsidising something?
--
Jack

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 09/07/17 18:07, Handsome Jack wrote:

Governments are bribing/subsidising alternative energy. Which can't stand on its own two feet because it only has one. ,
--
"Corbyn talks about equality, justice, opportunity, health care, peace,
community, compassion, investment, security, housing...."
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
[29 lines snipped]

And here we have the attitude of the Brexiteer, plain and clear to see; fuck you, I'm all right.
--
Today is Setting Orange, the 44th day of Confusion in the YOLD 3183
I don't have an attitude problem.
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Don't be a twerp. They had a chance and didn't take it, so they don't count. Just as in any other election.
--
"It is hard to imagine a more stupid decision or more dangerous way of
making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 09/07/17 19:02, Huge wrote:

Lets slightly rephras that. People who didn't respond weren't counted.
Better?
--
"The great thing about Glasgow is that if there's a nuclear attack it'll
look exactly the same afterwards."
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

Possibly not. Another reason why our democracy is broken where people can vote selfishly and cut their noses off to spite their face.

Quite, just under half of those who voted at that particular poll.

But you say that like you think that doing so is (therefore) a reasonable thing to do? Even Farage knew it wasn't on that tiny margin as he was demanding at least 2/3rd majority before he'd accept it (till it went his way of course).

Or the system is broken so some people, potentially people not willing to be forced at answer an unanswerable question , weren't counted directly. A lack of votes ... or the quantity of (purposely) spoiled papers *should* be considered and would in most systems *really* looking to consider the will of any group of people.

Rules are made to be broken, especially when they don't really appear to work. The mere fact you are trying to defend such an inconsiderate and poorly considered outcome as being truly reflective of the will of 'the people' shows how desperate your 'cause' is at any cost.

As answered elsewhere (FIT etc) plus cash for votes and the DUP.
There have been instances of what were considered basically good ideas (poll tax?) that were reversed because 'the people' protested sufficiently (mums going to prison for non payment etc). Similar could happen with Brexit when 'the people' actually find out how it's going to impact them and the promises are only magic beans.
*IF* the result of the bogus (then and now) Brexit poll went 2/3rds one way or the other, I think more of 'the people' would accept it better represented 'the people', certainly better than a near 50:50 result.
Cheers, T i m
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

And you claimed not to be a remainer.

--
bert

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
<snip for lazy bert>

No claim, fact (something you and your fellow fanatics seem pretty short on (not that you would recognise one if handed to you on a plate, apparently <g>)), in exactly the same way I'm not a leaver either.
Are you really so slow that you still don't get how someone wanting to make the right choice for the majority of the population, couldn't do it when we were *polled* re Leave or Remain and (FWIW), couldn't do any different now / yet (if an ordinary person ever could etc)?
You on the other hand either know all the answers (unlikely given few people, even those in power don't), or you have some *personal opinion / crusade / fantasy*, possibly based on some bogus cause you were fed, believed and now are blindly latched onto?
How you think it's ok to carry on with the same bs when most of what you voted for has already changed, is highly unlikely to happen or if it does, be a highly diluted version I don't know (and unlike you and many of your kind, I (and many other Remainers) admit that (that being the point).
Remember, the Remainers didn't want to change the status quo so it's up to those who did to persuade the others why doing so is such a dead-cert good idea. If you can't, it might be a good idea for you to run and hide somewhere safe (not from me, I didn't vote either way remember), just in case it doesn't go as you 'hope'.
Now, see if you can work out in what I've just where I have stated that voting either Leave or Remain to be the right thing?
Cheers, T i m
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Different thread - same shit.
--
bert

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
<snip for lazy stupid bert>

Yup, only because you can bring *nothing* to it.
Thanks for playing though ... you (and your kind) help to demonstrate to others how little the fanatical Brexiteers actually know. ;-)
Cheers, T i m
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

You just repeat the same shit over and over and over again.
--
bert

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 10/07/17 21:06, bert wrote:

A lie repeated often enough will become true in the minds of most people Just look at 'climate change'.
--
"Socialist governments traditionally do make a financial mess. They
always run out of other people's money. It's quite a characteristic of them"
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

People voting selfishly (if they so choose) is the whole point of democracy.

Who do you think has cut off their nose to spite their face? People who voted for Brexit did so because they think it will be *good* for them or their families. As you tacitly admit above when you talk about 'selfishly'.

Yes, just *under* half.

Of course. You have a referendum to choose between two options, the result comes in, you do what it says. That was what the PM said would happen when they announced the referendum. What else could you do anyway?

Actually I think you've just made that up, but anyway I don't GAF what Farage said.

What was unanswerable about the question? It could not have been any plainer. I didn't hear any Remainers complaining about the question beforehand.

It never is or could be in any election or referendum of any kind held anywhere, for obvious reasons.

I see. But only when they don't deliver the result you wanted?
Would you have said "Rules were made to be broken" after a Remain win in the referendum? No.

Of course they worked. In what way did they not work? They didn't give the result you wanted?

Balls.

That's not bribing or subsidising the Brexit result. It's to do with keeping the government in power.

Anything *could* happen.

So you'd be happy with a second referendum that would only stop Brexit if Remain got a two-thirds majority?
--
Jack

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.