OT: "All up: No reserves"

There are so many more vulnerable people now though, all with Ex Boxes needing to be powered before they suffer Taking Responsibility For Themselves Stress Disorder.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

My Dad rigged a car battery to power the gas CH (which he fitted - rare in the 1970s).

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Of course. WE could even modify all hamster wheels to generate electricity. In fact the world is full of ways to generate electricity. We could get mad peoplle to stroke cats and generate electricity.

Of course to those who can Do Sums, it doesn't matter whether all your heating is done in a short period, or whether its spread out over the day. You still need the same amount of heat, and in fact possibly more.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Ive been proposing a nuclear powered aga that has waste fuel in it for years.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I've done that too. More than 20 years ago. Never been used in anger. Reminds me to check it out - I've never done so with this new (8 year old) boiler. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

We obviously need Blair back. Never had this problem in his day.

It really does say something about this goverment. They have had more than plenty warning about power station closures etc but have done virtually nothing about it.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

En el artículo , David escribió:

Me too. And about five million candles.

But I'll be spending most of the winter at my place in Spain.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

En el artículo , Bob Eager escribió:

heh :)

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

En el artículo , Martin Brown escribió:

Registered 10 days ago.

Looks better than Turnip's, too.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

I cant find this site.

Can you post its exact URL?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

All we need now is for them to complete the Arctic/Antarctic interconnect cable.

Reply to
David

I didn't want to advertise it by posting a URL but deleting ".templar" from yours will get you to it. Choice of colours is hideous.

It is presently second after yours on Google and about 4th on Bling.

Peak today looks like it will be >50GW later on.

Reply to
Martin Brown

So you can't use Google either. Why am I not surprised?

Mike Tomlinson

A rampantly commercial site with adverts for electricity switch companies.

And no data available for download.

And probably still using BMreports for data, but of course the code I published does that. Elexon are closing that website for data scraping in a week.

Good thing I don't care, cos I make no money out of Gridwatch.

Yes, forecast to be o0ver 50GW, but there's just enough kit for that.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

But perhaps not the winter after next?

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

I saw an article about that in Practical Mechanics in the 1960s.

Initial version was a dynamotor connected to a car battery. Ran constantly. Then he added bits to only run the dynamotor when calling for heat.

He called it BEBOP - Battery Energised Boiler Operation Plant.

Reply to
Bob Eager

?

Do you mean your gridwatch will be off the air too?

Reply to
Tim Watts

No. I have rewritten it to use elexon.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Excellent!

Reply to
Tim Watts

As I write OCGT coming up again for the evening peak.

Its looking tight...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher