[OT] A little delivery man trick...

Ordered a large and very heavy item online a few days ago. Received an email yesterday from the retailer that delivery would be mid next week.
This morning, already 40 miles away from home, I received a txt from the courier (UKMail) that delivery would be between 11:50 and 12:50 today...
Decided to turn around and wait for it at home. Arrived at 11:30 to find a "We missed you" card... Not sure when it was actually left. Reference number on the card has no relation to my order/delivery according to UKMail website tracking, also nothing was written on the card (time, etc) apart from "will try tomorrow".
Finally managed to track my delivery on their website using my order number, only to find out that the driver somehow managed to log the attempted delivery as 12:05, which I assume means that he can claim it as a success on his part...
PS: Both UKMail and the retailer only use premium phone lines, so don't think I will bother to take it further.

http://saynoto0870.com/
--
TimH
pull tooth to reply by email
On 20/04/2017 13:26, Tim Hodgson wrote:

Tried them - neither is there (i.e. have a VALID alternative)
On 20/04/2017 13:11, JoeJoe wrote:

Email the CEO with a nicely worded email, he wont answer direct but pass it on to the relevant dept with his name on it, usually works for me.
Mr Peter Kane    Chairman Email snipped-for-privacy@ukmail.com

I think it may well be illegal to provide only premium rate liens for customer complaints - you could check on Ofcom's website.
--
bert

On Thu, 20 Apr 2017 20:45:27 +0100

I found this with a quick search:
https://www.callcentrehelper.com/100-days-left-for-0845-numbers-56260.htm
--
Davey.

On 21/04/2017 00:56, Davey wrote:

Interesting...
See https://www.sweatband.com/Contact.aspx
as for UKMail, I suppose they can argue that it is the retailer who is their customer, not myself.
On Fri, 21 Apr 2017 08:17:24 +0100

You don't know until you try!
--
Davey.

On 21/04/2017 11:59, Davey wrote:

Item was delivered today. I spoke to the delivery driver, different one from the one yesterday, and he could not believe that it was actually possible to fool their system. I suspect that the driver from yesterday simply scanned my parcel an hour late so he can show that he had attempted to deliver within the agreed time slot.
I can get him into trouble if I want to (I have an IP cam set on the front door that he clearly missed ;-) ), but life is just too short to spend more time on it...
On Fri, 21 Apr 2017 23:17:29 +0100, JoeJoe wrote:

I suspect that all delivery vans are also GPS tracked. So scanning an hour later works on the surface but where was the van when the scan took place?
--
Cheers
Dave.