OT A bit of advice please

That's because the pavement is full of cyclists.
That's what rather annoys me about so many of them. They demand their rights under the highway code, etc - but ignore the rights of others. It would be total chaos if the majority of other road users did the same.
--
*Xerox and Wurlitzer will merge to market reproductive organs.

On Thu, 03 Aug 2017 11:07:08 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

What's a city? B-)
Having said that I often get a reminder of the amount of particulates a diesel spews out. On a cold crisp day you can be outside and no sign of your breath. Tractor goes past up wind and instantly you can see your breath and for the next few breaths until exhaust clears.
--
Cheers
Dave.
On 03/08/2017 08:18, Brian Gaff wrote:

+1
The smell of NO2 seems to be more obvious now. Not surprising with 10 illion diesel cars on the road. It's sheer weight of numbers.
I gave up cycling 15 years ago when I began to notice how much filthy black gunge was lining my nose after a 40 mile ride in and around sussex. And that was before the stampede for 'free car tax' got going.
On 02/08/2017 12:46, DerbyBorn wrote:

Not going to read the whole thread - but IIRC modern Diesels clog their filters on repeated short runs. They need to be taken out and thrashed to make them behave properly. IYSWIM...
Andy
Vir Campestris wrote:

And giving them a thrashing needs to coincide with them wanting to be thrashed.