Ordering 250KVA

The variable pitch/yaw hub or features of for the main rotor could be but helicopters have been around for quite a while using that sort of thing so I'd be surprised if there are any "live" patents.

I thought the cheap "toy" helecopters used contrarotating main rotors because you don't need to very carefully balance the thrust from a tail rotor against the torque from the main rotor.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

The torque effect virtually cancels out. I noticed that the tail rotor on the toy being 'hacked' in that video was used largely to control pitch in order to persuade it to go forwards or backwards. It seemed to me that the tail rotor motor was slightly tilted away from vertical, possibly to allow brief variations in thrust to kick the 'copter around on its yaw axis.

Afaicr with that Aldi *model* helicopter (single main rotor with gyro bar), lift was simply controlled by motor speed, yaw worked like a real helicopter but using motor speed control alone over the tail rotor.

Horizontal translation (forward/reverse and sideways movement) I'm pretty certain (BIMBW) was modelled by a cyclic control over the main rotor blades angle of attack as per a real helicopter.

Reply to
Johnny B Good

Field Marshall single cylinder 6L diesel was started with a 12 bore cartridge.

Reply to
bert

I don't really see the point of them now that drones are availble. Of course if they had a camera then they could do what a drone does.

Starnge how hobbies change I rmmebr stamp collecting and bubblegum cards or sports heros, and those cards in packets of tea.

For the quality all this stuff has improved over the years you don;t have t o spend anywhere near the money you had to to get a decent bit of kit.

do ya recon that's why kids are fatter nowadays so there's more of them to spread around ;-)

Using time rather than wasting it I'd say. Some waste time sleeping.

I agree so maybe play isn;t the right word as we humans tend top see 'play' as a waste of time although playing professional football and eraning thoi se saleries I wish I could have wasted my time as productively as say Gasco igne or Beckham. If you'd seen them kicking a ball against a wall on a sund ay afternoon would you think they were wasting their time, I wonder.

but not much.

For most things that is true.

Which is one reason I can't support any single political party and I find i t hard to see why we can;t vote on polices rather than individuals.

Quantium mechanics doesn;t help either.

Staying in the middle you are more likely to be swayed too.

intresting but as one person said. It's at once an awesome and almost totally useless skill.

I still see them as toys as there's nothing they can do that the genuine real life object can. Those expensive helicopters can do more acrobatics th an the real thing.

Reply to
whisky-dave

And later.

Andy