Opinions please regarding lightbulbs

In article , PeteZahut writes

Is it false economy buying cheap lightbulbs from say Asda's than paying for >a decent brand. We've got one of those ceiling fans with lights and the >bulbs do fail quite a lot, i'm presuming its to do with vibration because >normally when a light bulb blows in this house it knocks the mcb for the >lighting circuit off yet with these they just stop working. >I was considering getting some of those low wattage???? ones, do they have >a >filament in them? If they would be better can you also get them with screw >type fittings and not bayonet? >Pete

I think you're looking for a 'rough service' lamp , these are less susceptible to vibration and are available in the popular lamp sizes/fittings, they're filament lamps.

Btw: You'll probably get more replies if you put something more specific in the subject, like light bulbs. Few have time to wade through every vague subject line and many will pass them by.

Reply to
PeteZahut