Onto the bog ...

Mr & Mrs Plumber and their Mait?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Mr & Mrs Tape and their son 'Fred'?

Mr & Mrs Puller and their daughter 'Olive'?

Mr & Mrs Der Ring and their son 'Saul'?

Come on chaps!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Please welcome

Mr And Mrs Dingsystem and their son Rod. Mr and Mrs Diator and their son Ray.

Reply to
Reentrant

The Von Trapps?

Dr. Ainage.

Lemuel Gulliver, Gully to his friends.

Reply to
Rod

MR Plum and his daughter Polly..

Mr De Ess and his wife,. Mrs S De Ess.

Mr Paving and his insane son..."Crazy" Mr Flue and his sane son..."Balanced"

Mr Works an his sexually active son.. "Stud"

Mr and Mrs Agonal-Bracing and their daughter Di..

Mrs and Mrs Speed-Steel ..Hi!

Mrs and Mrs Yew and their son Beatty..

Mrs and Mrs Ower and their criminal son 'Killer" Watt..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Mr & Mrs Valve & their son Duane.

Mr & Mrs Blowtorch & their son Gaz.

The recently divorced Mrs Tracterfan and her Ex.

Mr & Mrs Over & their daughter Flo.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Lord and Lady Bermuda and their daughter Baxi.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Mr & Mrs O'Stat and their son Tom.

And from Mexico, Mr & Mrs Connector and their son Jos'e.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Enuff of this, I say !

Back to my (daughter's) bog. Definitely no holes in the back of the cistern to mount it to a wall. Checked the bog pan itself, placed correctly with the outflow plugged firmly into the collar, then dropped the cistern into place just to see if it did lean forward, as had been suggested that a Barcelona might. Well, it's hard to say, as when the bog pan is back as far as it can go into the collar, the back of the cistern is still a few cms off the wall. The soil pipe has been boxed in where it comes along the wall (looks original as built) and that box stops you getting it any further back. Clearly, the new 'modern' cistern, is not as deep as the original, which did go back all the way to the wall, so I am going to have to put a batten of wood behind it anyway. I think I will then just silicon rubber it to that batten, as John R suggested. I would drill a couple of holes in it, but as it's not mine, sod's law says it would crack ...

Of more concern is the bog seat fitting. Her husband has fitted it on, but it seems a long way back - you can see 20mm of the front edge of the bog pan, and the buffers under the seat are barely sitting on anything at all. The hinge pins are all one piece, integrated with a flat metal 'washer', through which passes the securing screw, The hinge pin itself is a thick 'wire', bent at 90 deg, and welded to the washer at an angle. Now he has fitted these with the angle raking towards the back of the pan. That seems wrong to me, and I think that they should face forwards, which would then throw the seat forward towards the front of the pan, by about the right amount. I put this to him, but he said that he had tried it that way round, and the "holes didn't line up with the screws". I said that if he just reversed them, then no, they wouldn't, and it would need for them to be swapped side to side, but he insisted that he had tried that, and they still didn't line up. I'm sure he is wrong, and I was itching to dive in there with my screwdriver, but was reluctant to make him look foolish for doing it wrong. Can anyone who has a B&Q bog with this design of seat, confirm that the hinge pins should lean forward, not back ?

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily