Only one EV charger at home?!

So you don't accidentally back over and injure or kill a child or pet.

Yes.

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

When the children were growing up and I lived on a 1/2 acer lot I did not let them out of the house while I was mowing. Now they are moved out and I have a much larger yard there are no children around. So I bypassed that switch. The other mower was old enough to not have that anti backup switch.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

True, but she seems to like a little warmth.

On the off chance she chewed on something or sharpened her claws but cats are a lot smarter than other creatures.

We'll see when it gets down towards 0F. So far it's only been in the low teens. I don't know the cat's history but she's skittish.

Reply to
rbowman

I don't have experience with children but the cat decides she has urgent business someplace else when the mower gets closer than 50'. No danger anyway; it's a push mower so the only thing it's going to back over is me.

Reply to
rbowman

There is no state law requiring helmets although some cities might have regulations for children. There is no motorcycle helmet requirement either although I've gotten better about wearing on. Bugs in your teeth gets old after a while and hail storms truly suck.

I have a bicycle helmet I bought because a private bike trail required it. Ut was the cheapest I could find and did not inspire confidence. They also required a headlight and I found the cheapest light was really inadequate for long railroad tunnels.

Reply to
rbowman

Not all animals are that smart.

I believe we were talking about lawn tractors, riding lawnmowers, etc..

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

There is here, and there's also a requirement to take it off if going in to the shop to pay for petrol/buy a newspaper. They don't bother enforcing that one.

I'd ride naked.

When required to do something, always do the minimum you can get away with.

Reply to
Vladimir Putin

There's always the house. Turn the warmer off and she might come in. Pets are more fun when they actually interact.

Not in my experience. And I've seen the result of a cat pissing repeatedly on an outlet. Salt conducts well.

About when diesel freezes.

50% of cats are.
Reply to
Vladimir Putin

Doubtful. I've put the food dish inside and she will follow -- until I start to close the door. The cat will interact when she feels like it. When I'm reading outside she will sometimes jump into my lap and enjoy getting her ears and chin rubbed.

Reply to
rbowman

If food is only inside she'll have to come in.

Or run away.

Maybe try some fun toys?

Reply to
Vladimir Putin

The cat was making a living before she started coming around regularly. Semi-feral cats do whatever they are going to do. It took a couple of months before she would come to the food bowl if I was standing there.

Not too interested. I've got catnip balls that some of the other cats go crazy for but they don't hold her interest for long.

Reply to
rbowman

Then you were driving badly.

Reply to
Vladimir Putin

But from what you've said only one front wheel was non-braking.

Reply to
Vladimir Putin

Nonsense. My sienna has very poor response to the brake pedal if the vacuum booster is depleted. Pushing as hard as I can barely slows it down. Try it some time.

Get up to speed, put the car in neutral, turn off the key, pump the brake pedal lightly a few time until the booster is empty, then try to stop in a hurry.

Then get back to us.

Reply to
Bob F

If you're ashamed of the way we're made there's no hope for you. If you believe in god, god made you that way, if you believe in evolution, we evolved that way. Either way it's perfectly natural.

Reply to
Vladimir Putin

In the UK any beach, hillside, wherever is nude if you want it to be.

Reply to
Vladimir Putin

Merkins are stoopid. Before puberty girls' chests look like boys' chests. So why would they make a distinction?

Reply to
Vladimir Putin

Does doo-dah refer to some anatomy?

Reply to
Vladimir Putin

Half the time I can't tell the difference.

Maybe children should be forced to be naked from the waist down so we can tell what they are.

Reply to
Max Demian

Sounds shit. I see no reason to stop cutting.

Alt.home.repair is for Americans you fool.

Reply to
Vladimir Putin