One trench 3 services

While on the subject of digging trenches for services. How deep should the Cable company put their cable when going accross my lawn? Mine is only

4inches down and I chopped through it when planting a bush.

Robbie

Reply to
Roberts

Experience tells me that anything over 2mm is pretty good. :-) They just about got it under the grass (that we call 'the lawn'), but through the flower bed it was just fed through the undergrowth. Recently upgrading this bit of the garden I did actually re-route (re-root?) it about 200mm or so down.

As I wander around I see the tell-tale green trunking above ground in many, many gardens.

Reply to
Rod

Yep 2mm seems to be the required maximum depth.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

They did a much better job on mine - it must be nearly 6mm :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

In message , The Medway Handyman writes

What, you mean it's been half half inched ?

Reply to
geoff