Old Sky analogue system. Bin it?

Got an old sky analogue dish and receiver gathering dust in my loft, but is there actually anything still broadcasting on the old frequencies worth looking at that warrents me hanging onto them, or should I just chuck them in the bin?

Call me sentimental, but seems a pity to throw things out that still work, but is pointless hanging onto them if I'm not likely to ever use them.

Thanks in advance!

Reply to
Dark Angel

Wrong news group, see uk.tech.tv.sky, but yes bin it.

Reply to
OldBill

Thanks!

Reply to
Dark Angel

I have a steerable dish and hybrid receiver and occasionally poke around on analogue to see what's there.

There is still some stuff on the Astra 1 constellation on 19.2E - mainly from Germany. For a fixed position dish, this probably has the most.

has loads of info.

Reply to
Andy Hall

I thought Sky had switched the anologue signal off. If not, isn't it pending?

Reply to
RedOnRed

He didn't say they were broadcast by Sky

Reply to
Richard Conway

Sky did, but there are other stations transmitting using the same satellites. ISTR that when our analogue stuff was switched off the dishes on the satellites were reoriented to give a different footprint so the signals we get now are not as strong as they were.

Reply to
PC Paul

Put it up for grabs on your local freecycle group:

s--p--o--n--i--x

A couple of the Astra1 satellites that are nearing their sell-by date have been moved to different locations as well.

Reply to
Andy Hall