Old cottage to retiree apartment.

Not my experience at all. Why is tehre a duty officer if not to anser questions?

The first question should be "where I am, is any development possible at all?"

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

OK, I checked and in our neck of the woods, a duty planning officer does not exist UNTIL plans are submitted, which then provides the only entry available into the council's planning system.

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

My partner just made a pre application enquiry and was told that step one was to submit a plan. The service appears to have been streamlined.

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

I have heard that this happens in some districts nowadays. It is very sad, because planning officers used to be an invaluable source of advice.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

Most of them these days are university twits/bimbos with not an ounce of practical experience.

Reply to
harry

Decent & independent planning consultant ? Do some interviewing, ask about, there are many levels of "expertise" from mere technical drawers up, you don't want a numpty.

Reply to
Jim K..

I wouldn't start at the council. The building exists, it's just a matter of what's achievable in its replacement...

I expect they'd be selling without doing anything other than getting as much value lift from obtaining planning permission as possible.

Reply to
Jim K..

Less of the sidekick s'il vous plait! :-)

Reply to
Jim K..

and remember the bit when they say "you can't rely (legalese) on anything we discuss here, the only way to get anything to rely on is to make an application & pay the fees"... YMMV but I doubt it.

Reply to
Jim K..

"Please note that most site specific enquiries cannot be addressed without the benefit of thorough research, consultation and a site visit. Consequently the Duty Officer is unable to advise on the likelihood of a particular proposal obtaining planning permission. If you require such advice you are advised to submit a pre application enquiry (where relevant). "

Reply to
Jim K..