Oil boiler

Hi my outside oil boiler is sooting up and locking out in bad weather, could this be because wind blowing around flue. had a service about month ago. I can get it going when I clean photocell but have to do this every other day.
On Tue, 11 Feb 2020 17:14:02 +0000, Gav

Ours is indoors. It has had short periods of locking up over the last 2 years. The engineer suggested wind direction among other reasons. However, about 10 days ago it started locking out twice and even three times a day. We now have a new "oil pump" (I'm no techie so that's what he said). The cynic in me has been wondering whether he's under instructions to minimise his spend on spares for people (like me) on a contract.
On 11/02/2020 17:14, Gav wrote:

Yes.

It's very bad for boilers in these winds. Mine does te same occasionally but oddly not when the wind is from the direction it has been blowing from.
--
In todays liberal progressive conflict-free education system, everyone
gets full Marx.

It would depend on the flue arrangements.
--
Michael Chare

On 11/02/2020 20:21, Michael Chare wrote:

Of course. It is a ground level balanced flue exiting into what is pretty much a wind tunnel between teh hiuse and a hedge, aligned NE/SW..
Was there not a different kind of cowl with louvers used on oil fired boilers, or did I dream that? Brian
--
----- --
On Tue, 11 Feb 2020 17:14:02 +0000, Gav wrote:
Home owners clud so I'm probably wasting my time...

Did it lock out in bad weather before the service?
Your should be able to peer through a small hole and see the flame, it should be mainly blue.
--
Cheers
Dave.
On 11/02/2020 17:14, Gav wrote:

High winds from the wrong direction can do it, but if it is doing it more often than that or on first morning lighting then there may be an underlying oil leak fault that needs attention.
If it is routinely locking out in normal weather then there is something definitely wrong. It has been *very* windy just lately.
--
Regards,
Martin Brown