Off topic, legal

I know this is off tpoic but the legal eagles dont usually respond in case they incriminate themselves. So hope you done mind.

I sent a rental management company a small claims (actually my son did) they have not responded to it (they didnt pay some of the rental over) As they have failed to respond either way are they assuming liability? Whats the next step to progress it?

Reply to
ss

it doesnt imply that.

You could start by giving us a bit more of a clue what the situation is

NT

Reply to
NT

Not in the slightest.

This should have been advised to you when you submitted the claim. In the absence of the defendent defending the case then you can ask for the an order to be made against them and, if accepted, the court will allocate it to the small claims track in preparation for the hearing.

Mathew (IANAL etc)

Reply to
mathewjamesnewton

Thanks for replies, as mentioned it is my son who got transferred out of the uk and rents his uk home now, the managemnet company have been witholding the first couple of months rental income, they ignored all correspondence, I suspect because he stopped using them. I was picking up on the case as my son is abroad but it now appears he (son) is back on stream and is in the process of asking for an order to be made against them.

Reply to
ss