Odd BT socket

Somebody said

If you use the Neutrik modular XLR system you should be able to put an in-line BT socket inside. This was how their prototype "XLR" RJ-45 was made.

Reply to
G&M

Yup. This is what I've done. Fixed in place with car body filler. Looks good.

I don't think an 'in line' type would fit, though, unless the socket comes out of the cover. I've got some frame types designed for PCB mounting, and the basic socket on those had to be 'eased' slightly to fit.

Incidentally, I used UV curing filler for this - it's one part and saves all that mixing which is a bit wasteful for a tiny amount. Cures in sunlight - or even more quickly using my UV box. And saves the stuff setting on the tools.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Is that the same stuff dentists now use for fillings ?

Reply to
G&M

I think that's a tad more expensive. ;-)

This is just a tube of stuff from Halfords. Holts Cataloy No Mix. It costs a bit more than ordinary two pack stuff, but you can just used the exact amount straight from the tube for small jobs, so nice for the workshop. One drawback is it has a limit of about 5mm thick per layer. Sets in the sun in about 1/4 hr. Half hour on a dull day.

When set it seems the same as any other car body filler.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

A friend was sold something very similar by his local garage, to re-glue his rear view mirror to the outside of the car window. In northern Sweden. In winter.

Sets in six months.

Reply to
Ian White

Funny place to attach a rear view mirror.....

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

Agreed, but that's where the manufacturer had put it, so that's where he wanted to put it back.

Reply to
Ian White

What on the outside ?!... If so, are you really talking about a rear view mirror or some other mirror device ?

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

That's how I understood it, but it certainly wasn't the main point of the conversation... or of this story.

Reply to
Ian White