O.T. : What Have We Done ... ?

Well originally they'd all have been manual so 'PMBX' is a retrospective name. I've never heard it before - just PBX and PABX.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It was 40 years ago - I don't remember (_really_ showing age!).

Reply to
S Viemeister

Ah. In that case, definitely PMBX. Plug boards, like the ones in old movies.

Reply to
S Viemeister

Like these ones?

surely wouldn't be old enough for

Owain

About halfway between those. I was very young at the time....

Reply to
S Viemeister

Reminds me of the sales guys at GEC. They used to have the polished wooden versions at one end of their product book and the "futuristic" grey ones at the other. Which end they started from depended on the decor of the MD's office :-)

I remember building both types...

Reply to
John Weston

It's been used in lists of parts and components for as long as I can remember. Daniele

Reply to
D.M. Procida