Numpty - Remove Intumescent Strip

Hi all

I have a fire door frame that is twisting, ie not secured well enough by builder in the first place. To stop the twist and re-align, I really need to put fixing(s) on the rebated edge of the frame IYSWIM. It would make sense to remove the int. strip and put frame fixers behind this, then replace strip.

Q:

How are the int. strips secured? Are they a push in fit such that I should be able to pry out and re-use, or are they glued in?

TIA

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

The ones I've seen have a self-adhesive strip on the back. You can buy replacements strips, but I don't know the cost.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

They cost about =A31.80 per strip and generally you need 2 1/2 strips per door. I used a company called "antifire" in Wirral last time although if you call the contact number from

they will give you a regional reseller. =20

HTH

Reply to
Simon T