Not news ...

I don't have much need for C/PCW these days but when I wanted a new scanner a while ago, I found the one I fancied on-line from a number of suppliers for a similar price, including PCW, whose price was for on-line orders only.

As every other supplier was putting delivery charges on top, it was a no brainer to go to PCW where it was ready waiting for me. I did notice the considerably higher price marked up on the shelves, though. Had I walked in off the street and seen it, I would have turned right round and straight back out of the door!

I might repeat the on-line experience again in the fture but I will never again walk into a PCW store 'on spec'.

Reply to
Terry Casey

You mean like car manufacturers web sites:-)

Reply to
bert

I wanted a WD 4TB drive amazon had it for £85 but only if I had amazon prime otherwise it was an extra £10 or so. By luck I just searched for it and PCW had an offer £85 too, so I popped in as it's 10mins from where I work, couldnt; find it so asked a sales bloke who pointed me and said ask her, I did and she produced it from a shelf behind her, I got it and left faster than even amazon get to deliever things which in general I'm pretty pleased with.

Reply to
whisky-dave

On 12:02 13 Nov 2018, Jethro_uk <jethro snipped-for-privacy@hotmailbin.com wrote in news:pseehb$rlp$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

I wonder what rank Amazon got in that Which survey of online retailers.

Reply to
Pamela

That has to be judged by how many millions of their customers return to their site time after time rather than relying on the views of Which? subscribers who are so representative of the common consumer that they rate the Cornish Sea Salt site in the top 5.

Reply to
alan_m

and at £10.75 a month I don't consider which? subscribers as 'wise' about much.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Most libraries stock the print edition.

Reply to