Not cross-threading the new immersion heater

FFS I know that. Read the bloody post.

Reply to
newshound

I was being funny, hence the :-)

I have got many things here right in the past. GB was one of the few to acknowledge. Many posters here just abandon the thread when they have fixed the problem.

Ha ha bloody ha.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Yes, and why not? Ultimately it ends up being difficult to understand and/or ambiguous. I don't really get annoyed, but sometimes the error niggles enough for me to make a comment. I don't want to criticise, just clarify, so don't take me too seriously. OK?

Reply to
Chris Green

So in speech you can't understand people when words sound the same?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

In speech the equivalent would be words that are spelled the same but are pronounced differently wouldn't it?

Reply to
Chris Green

No, the point which flew over your pathetic brain is that licence and license are pronounced the same, yet are understandable. So why bother spelling them differently?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Why not just spell everything phonetically then?

Reply to
Chris Green

It's still perfectly readable like that, so yes you could.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

You can drive on the left had side of the road. You can drive on the right. Driving on any side you want, is not a good idea.

Neither is allowing people to make up their own grammar and spelling rules.

imeenifuduthattwerewillitend

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Stupid analogy. One causes a crash and possibly death, the other has a very slight chance of less understanding.

I understood that easily.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Imatfortithousandfeet Imatfortytu

What does the second phonetic sentence mean please?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Oh very good, now explain why that's any different to hearing it in speech over the radio.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword